Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

ECOREY Gathering 2nd (December 2011) - Part 2

Hi, so we meet again in my Part 2 review about our second gathering (#^.^#). As you can see in Part 1, we just had our first phase of gathering: watching movie and now, the story will resume into our second phase.
I was worried about FB. He was lost somewhere.
I loved the movie but I couldn't enjoy it since I should take care of the newcomers and made sure they were not stranded and strayed somewhere else. Some of them didn't recognize Movie Box Gejayan (even though I already put the map in the thread). Every a minute or so, I checked my cellphone whether there was new message or not. They couldn't come in time therefore we already started the movie before they arrived (>_<).

Okay, so after we finished watching the movie, we marched to Waroeng Steak and Shake 200 metres from the Movie Box Gejayan. I just noticed that FB hadn't arrived yet, so I contacted him several times during the marching. After taking the reserved seat, we started ordering the menu. Gosh! I don't have much experience with managing a group of people and the restaurant ambience didn't help me either. This...has become the evaluation of the second gathering! Don't hold English gathering in the noisy and crowded place. The motivation of holding such an offline meeting is about chatting, discussing, conversation - pack it all together - in English. Therefore, such situation we faced now rendered us impossible to establish condusive conversation :(. Okay, that's for my evaluation. Thank you, Guys :D.
"Okay, I guess my seat is in the corner", muttered Big D.
I barely talked and knew further about Oom Aan. I like this guy, he's cool. I just knew that Clink was a sheepish boy and he still felt awkward joining the conversation. Alund is a proud boy and he was willing to introduce himself. He is like my saviour since he had that tons of eagerness to improve himself. You know what, he practiced his English skill - even in rather Redneck language, but hey...I do count that as an improvement. Frenky and Awan was also a shy boy. I didn't get to know much about them, but all I know was Awan is a military student. Keima didn't talk much. I believe his English speaking is decent, but he came to the restaurant to eat. He said that bluntly (and I didn't blame that hehehe). Mbah Jafar, one of Regional Yogyakarta activist also joined us this time and he addressed me with 'Miss' hehehe. how sweet was that! Dion is a nice guy and also love to have such an offline meeting even though this was his first time. Big D sat in comfy fashion in the corner and puffed his cigarette (^^)y---. Oh...and I was glad that FB finally came. He emerged from the ground floor and greeted us with his proud and smug smile. His hair was wet and he acclaimed himself, he just wake up and had a shower LOLWUT. It was already past noon, FB...(_;).

"Hmm...what shall I order?", thinked Oom Aan and Awan.

I didn't have a chance to speak to JC, Aya, Agus, J and Sis Wet since they sat in another corner of the table. We had a long table - well technicaly a couple of tables lined together - and my voice couldn't reach the other corner. Aya looked a little bit unamused back then, but I hope JC and Agus could lift up his mood. In the end of the gathering, we took the detour again. I had a chance to walk and talk with Bidadut, he has pink tag: DJ Kaskus Radio. He said that his ID name means 'biduan dangdut'. Hahaha! This guy has a style. We parked our motorcycles and cars near Moviebox Gejayan. We took some pictures in front of the place and I love the effect J got after he instagramed the picture (you can check the picture in HERE). Crazy thing happened: I just knew that JC walked from his house to Movie Box. Hmm...I know that he is green guy, but hey...that was wicked walking all along from Jalan Kaliurang KM-what until Jalan Gejayan. It was a very long distance on foot, JC! So I suggested FB to give JC some lift. JC had already left so we tracked him down. What a swift feet you had, JC (^_^);.

"Hmm...I come here to eat", said Keima.
Oh, have I told you earlier? I picked Sis Wet and we rode the motorcycle together. For some months, she underwent some law class and training in Yogyakarta. She is Jakarta native and stayed in one of boarding home somewhere near Jalan Palagan Tentara Pelajar. She usually attended English Forum gathering back then in Jakarta . She got the chance to meet Orthanc and also ID. How envious!

I knew our biggest hurdle in holding such gathering with lot of participants was concordance of the conversation. We can't (although we should) following the edge of the table conversation. So finally, we broke into smaller group conversations. We can't avoid this. I knew, we might want to reserve a better place for next gathering in order to maintain some group discussion.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience about the place and the menu m(_ _)m (Aya complained a lot about this). We'll try to improve it in the next gathering. We accept every single advice, criticism and excoriations for further improvement. Please support us! Any review about the movie, the artists, the food, the place, the time etc are more than welcomed! (≧∇≦)/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say anything~