Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

ECOREY Gathering First (November 2011)

Finally, we get to the main stage (huh?)! The first English Corner Regional Yogyakarta (ECOREY)'s offline meeting. This was the invitation I put in the English Forum Gathering in the Room 113:

INVITATION
Resurrection Gathering: Co-join Between EFor Gathering and Regional Yogyakarta
Hello, everyone!
So, here we are, invite all participants at EFor Yogyakarta Gathering that will be held on:

Day: Sunday; November 27, 2011
Time: 1200 - 1500 WIB
Venue: Feskul (Festival Kuliner); Jl. Kaliurang km.6,4 (Kaliurang)
Agenda: Introduction, Random Chit-chat, Launching English Thread at Regional Yogyakarta
Contact person: Yukikawaii
I already booked the place for the designated time. For those have decent camera, please bring along with you for fun and documentation sake. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
And behold! This was the field report (FR):
FIELD REPORT
Resurrection Gathering: Co-join Between EFor Gathering and Regional Yogyakarta]
I was bullied by the participants to release the field report________.
THIS GATHERING IS ENGLISH FORUM AND REGIONAL YOGYAKARTA JOINED FORCES

So we had our very first English Corner Gathering. The participants were (alphabets order):

Agusetia (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=734463)
AyaConDioz (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=1347658
jchristie (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=1055697)
Jibril (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=50733)
mr_dorapong (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=790981)
PO.Budiman (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=1955852)
Yukikawaii (http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=3140678)

We held our gathering at Feskul (Festival Kuliner) Jalan kaliurang KM 6,4 Yogyakarta from 1200 - 1500 (more and less).
xFakexBloodx was not being able to attend because he completely forgot . Just after I phoned him, he said, "Astaga-astaga-astaga, I FORGOT!". Oh, well, he also had his own event with his family so I assumed he won't attend, which in case was true (please come for the next gathering).

Jibril managed to brought along one of the elder called AyaConDioz (forgive me to spell your name wrong ) to attend the gathering. Coming in order from the start: Yukikawaii, then came Jibril and Aya (ihiiiiiir) and Agus waiting me outside. Not long after that, PO.Budiman came, oh wew, I didn't know it was you because you introduce your name in different Kaskus ID. He came with scooter. After that, I called mr_dorapong, which in fact was taking a bath. No wonder it took about four rings before he picked up the phone.

Jibril asked whether we can change seats because the room I reserved was non-smoking . Okay, since Jibril and Aya and the cigarettes are truly soulmates, couldn't help then. Okay, we changed seats. Not long time later, mr_dorapong came, hmm, gained weight from the last time I saw him in the first Jakarta English Gathering ______. We started jotted down our menus. Agus and Aya didn't order anything but drinks. "Are we still waiting someone?", asked Aya. "Yes", I replied, "We are waiting for JChristie who working at Grobogan". "Where is Grobogan anyway?", added Aya. "Errrr...I believe it's at Jawa Tengah ", responded me sheepishly (because I'm also not sure where is Grobogan :( Spare my geography). We did random chit-chat, and then JChristie came. Hoo... the participants were complete. When he first send me SMS, "Walking to Feskul, ETA 20 minutes. How many people already?", he was literally saying WALKING! He is a green man, love walking.

The place was decent, but without mentioning the humidity and the weather that day....even though the fan was kept maximum to its effectiveness and efficiency. I think FesKul need improvement regarding to the convenience department. But we live in tropic country, what else do we expect (OOT!). For me who happened to have my first gathering, I think I'm good with this one because the participants are enthusiast to the event. Oh, yeah, we also launched English thread at Regional Yogyakarta: ����� [eRYe] English Corner �����. If someone asked about why the name is English Corner? Easy peasy. It was because we made the thread at corner and the adjudicators were happened to be at the corner too (refer to the pictures below) .

Okay, enough with the blabbing.
Now, I presented you the long lasting awaited photographs . Agus did most of the shoots. I think we should took moar pictures! Next time probably.

Spoiler for First Gathering:

This is the previous TS and the now TS

From left to right: JChristie, PO.Budiman, mr_dorapong




From left to right: mr_dorapong, AyaConDioz, PO.Budiman, Yukikawaii, Agusetia, Jibril, JChristie

You know...I personally think offline activity can enforce and elaborate some profundal things. Co-join and strengthen our bond-ship. Oh, my I think I did a lot of typo and new (my own) vocabulary. I personally think everyone has superb speaking English casually. Not minding about constructing a sentence. Just let it flow. Thanks to JChristie that the topic is going everywhere and for the camera and for the notebook. Oh, also for PO.Budiman (the bus looks tough) for the notebook, without you, we can't reserve page one. I wrote the FR real-time and released it real-time (...bullied .

Thank you! Thank you all. I couldn't believe we made our first gathering. Well, I believe maintaining this will be harder, need perseverance and endurance, but please-please-please, always support us.

FAQ

Do you use English all the time when holding your gathering?
Pfffft! Of course, that is the core language for this gathering. We strictly used English, everybody was encouraged. But I sometimes defied it.

Who is the most fluent speaking English?
Pfffft again! You asked the very wrong question. You should asked who is having the most dangling sentences and peculiar intonation.

Okay...okay. Who is that person?
Hmmm.to tell you the truth, it's meeeeeeeeee! Yukikawaii. Pondering that I have runny and congested nose, droopy and watery eyes because of common cold, then it's no wonder.

Hmmmph! So it's mean you're only being narcissistic and avoid to admit that you are not fluent!
:mad: this discussion is going nowhere. I'm also trying to practicing my speaking there.

Pffft! Are we discussing? I thought it is about FAQ.
:hammer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say anything~